Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What do we go to work for?





"Normal" is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, the car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it"

Ellen Goodman
Today is a bit crap to be honest. Its a crap cake, smothered in crap, with crap frosting, with whippy crap on top decorated with crap sprinkles. It's raining, my car is making a funny noise which might indicate an imminent huge expense, it's cold and I went to work yesterday (in my unpaid holiday) worked all day and today, I've worked all day again. I love teaching, but I don' t like my 60 hour working week when I actually get paid for 32.5 hours! Nor do I like working in my holidays. I've read my own blog today and I've counted the sum of my days and they are good, nonetheless I want to work to live and not the other way round. I'm in the have no choice but to work bracket as I've determined my own future through my own choices and now I must pay............for a while. Below is the dream I hang on to and I'm almost in a position to downsize and make that a reality.

I have to remember the plan; where I'm going and how I'm going to get there. My personal debts, will be non-existent in 2012 or sooner. I will have received two incremental pay rises and will be better off. Sell big house (economy may be better? or not!) buy tiny two down, with garden big enough to grow a few veggies, a couple of chickens and some where to dry the washing and pay off the mortgage by 2018! Who knows what I might do after I have paid off the mortgage - Oh I know!!!! I will work to do things I like doing instead of just surviving.
Sound familiar??

Now I really must stop moaning and get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment