Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seriously carby homemade fish and chips!

Hi everyone,

I'm just about back on my feet. My legs feel like lead and I'm dragging myself from A to B. I must be better though, after not eating much since Saturday night, I was really hungry today. There is nothing quite like a pile of stodge when you haven't eaten in days. I made homemade fish and chips. I defrosted some Tesco cod fillets, made some gluten free batter. To do this, you need: one cup of gluten free flour, one egg and one cup of milk and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and beat together. Coat the cod in flour and dunk, several times in and out of the batter and drop into hot oil. I managed to do this correctly today by getting the oven to 240 degrees. Served with just enough oven chips.....I usually aim for a cup full! I am now feeling a whole lot better although I have a feeling that the mega dose of carbs after being carb-free for so long is not going to have the best effect on me.

Before.


After!!!! Can you believe that fish and chips is about £6 if you go out for it now!!! It used to be a 'poor man's supper' now it's far from it. Oh well, it's certainly cheap enough to make at home, even if it'll take me until Thursday to digest it.

Thanks again for the get well comments. I'll be back to the frugalling asap!!

Until tomorrow,

Froogs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment