Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's in the bag!

 Hi everyone,

I've been starving poor Dearly Beloved on carbs so he can have a pile of new potatoes with his supper. I'll just eat the plain fish! I grow veggie in bags, any old bags. The potato bags are on their third year. I haven't watered them enough and I haven't got many in each bag.
 I love tipping them out, pulling the roots apart and releasing the spuds from their warm composty home.
 It took two bags to get one bowl full. They are just lovely and we have mint in the garden to cook in with them.
 I also pulled up the shallots, I shall leave them to dry and pickle them this weekend. Another favourite of Dearly Beloved is cheese, homemade bread and chutney or cold meat, such as cold roast chicken and pickled onions.
DB had steamed ruby chard, new potatoes and some salmon (big bag of frozen equates to £1 a fillet from Tesco) for his supper. I'm just loving the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment