Monday, July 18, 2011

Can you handle it?

 More second hand 'junk'. None of the furniture was bought new. I painted some 'utility' furniture with my favourite 'French grey' many years ago and I've used up the left over paint all over the house. They were from the auction in Lostwithiel and cost about £5 for the pair. The chest of drawers below were from the reclamation yard behind Union st, called Grosvenor Chambers. It sells everything from marble fire place to piles of tatty half broken furniture, piled up in the street outside. Gary used to accept any reasonable offer! To tart up old tatt! I add nice handles. The bedside drawers in an attempt to create that French shabby chic look and the pine chest, so you had some thing decent to get hold of as they are deep, heavy drawers.

It was scruffy, warped and damp when we got it for £10 about ten years ago. We sanded and sanded it and then waxed and waxed it, until it has a lovely shine. I like to have an assortment of wood and painted surfaces.
I must find some more cheap, second hand furniture to share with you. How do you tart up old tatt?

Until tomorrow,

Love Froogs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment