Monday, July 25, 2011

We all need a little chaos every now and then.

I ate my dinner in the garden tonight. Wearing a coat and sitting on the garden steps. It wasn't warm but it was the least chaotic bit of my home. Sink out, plumbing out, tiles off, new worktops cut and down. Wiring re-routed. Dishwasher ready to be moved. Son dusty and tired and working for free. I can't complain as I'm not paying for the labour and everything has been bought at trade minus negotiated 20% discount due to son opening a new trade account and being given 90 days to pay. All very good and a lot cheaper than if I'd gone to the cheapest DIY superstore.

Tonight, I washed up in the sink in the downstairs loo! It'll be all worth it when it's done, flashy and remodelled and ready for sale and I can downsize and live in a smaller, more sustainable and affordable home. Something like this - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34174508.html and live in a little row of cottages that looks something like this http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34174508.html

Until tomorrow,

Froogs xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment