Saturday, April 30, 2011

An almost free lunch.

 The cheapest place to buy diesel is at the supermarket and the most convenient to my journey is run by Tesco. I save their points with the clubcard and about once every month or so, they send me £5 in Clubcard vouchers. I then save them until I have £10 of voucher. If you then log onto the Tesco clubcard website, you can treble the value of these by exchanging them for rewards voucher. I changed my £10 of vouchers, that could be spend on £10 of goods in Tesco for £30 of Cafe Rouge vouchers.
 I can't actually remember the last time Dearly Beloved and I went out to a restaurant, it certainly wasn't this year, and it wasn't any time last year so it was probably 2009! It was lovely! I had a salad with chicken, bacon and egg and DB had a steak. It cost us £3.25 for a litre bottle of sparkling water and the diesel to get there!
Not free, not entirely frugal but what a treat to sit down, have some one else do the cooking and more importantly......someone else do the washing up! I noticed other people paying with their Tesco reward vouchers and I will go back when I've saved some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment