Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I want one of those!

I don't eat toast, but then, I have forsaken carbs! Dearly Beloved loves toast (I feel like the lady on the Aldi advert "I don't like tea, I like gin"). He's as frugal as I am. I've wanted a Dualit toaster for the best part of twenty years and never ever would I have parted with £100 for one. Dearly Beloved goes to the auction house in Colin Campbell Court in Plymouth, usually looking for radios to sell on eBay. Today he bought a toaster for £25 plus the 15% commision, so £28.75 altogether. The auction house PAT tests everything electrical and this was listed 'as new' and came in the box it was sold in, with the price tag still on it from Debenhams!

He brings it home tomorrow.

It's a hard world out there at the moment, but we often buy really good items at 'household sales' and many items are being sold on behalf or creditors after being seized by baliffs. It's a timely reminder of how vulgar and crippling debt can be if it was run up simply to own shiney 'stuff'. To them, originally £112 pounds, plus legal costs, plus a bad credit reference, plus the suffering of baliffs entering your home and taking your possessions away. To us, a top quality toaster for Dearly Beloved's brekkie at a fraction of the price.

Making do with second hand really is the way forward!!!

Until tomorrow (when I'll post a photo of the real toaster) Love Froogs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment