Thursday, January 21, 2010

All I wanted was a cup of coffee!

I had serious coffee envy today! You see, I view that one cup of coffee like the sip of wine to an alcoholic......one sip and the wagon disappears over the horizon. Well; I'm like that with money. One coffee, then a twix, then a newspaper, then the same again tomorrow and then five pounds a day will be spent on frippery. Instead of a coffee; I'm going to get a small flask and make a coffee before I leave work and then drink it on the train when I get home. I now take the newspaper home from the school library and read that on the train and in an act of generosity, leave it for others to read as so many have done before me.
So the train took me home and threw me out in torrential rain, which followed me as I walked the mile home from the station. Luckily, dearly beloved had got home before me and had lit the fire, which now has our wet clothes steaming infront of it - with dogs underneath; legs a kimbo toasting their bums! However, I did not have coffee, nor did I have a twix, nor did I read the paper - saving £2.75 and as I work five days a week for 40 weeks of the year and if I did that....as so many people seem to do I would spend £550 a year. Let's add up the savings this week. Train instead of car = save £600 Packed lunch instead of school lunch = save £400 and make myown coffee and read the school paper = save £550 total savings by being frugal = £1550 a year! suddenly that coffee didn't seem that important.

No comments:

Post a Comment