Wednesday, January 27, 2010

No such thing as the wrong weather....

......just the wrong clothes. The boiler man came today, Terry, also a neighbour and we found his number on the side of his van and told us the fan in the boiler was broken and he'd order it tomorrow so we'll have a few days of me looking like this! Which is not a problem as we didn't really turn the heating on until December and then only for a couple of hours a day but it's amazing how it takes the chill off and I'm currently in the chill. It's incredible how we just flick a switch and then we have a massive bill, whilst actually a few more clothes and just the heating we need in one room will actually do.

Mum, whose wisdom I never truly appreciated until much older, always said "Some is plently, enough is too much!" Though an austere view and quite unfashionable now as we've all got so used to enough and never appreciate the some anymore. So I'm sat here in my fleece, with jumper and gilet underneath and my scarf and my hat and have to remember sometimes that I used to sleep in more than that as a child and by the fact that I'm here today: it never killed me. So, I've bounced back, fed myself with my £1 supper and even managed to come home early, to some heating and I'm afraid to say, enough supper to leave me feeling very full, in my toasty office as I have an electric radiator and the smile has come back to my face and all is truly well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment