Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cook once, eat twice....or more!

 Like all working people, I have a busy life. I need, we need............I forget, I'm not talking to myself, to keep things simple. This morning, I popped some casserole steak into the slow cooker, with water, salt and pepper. I didn't have time to do any more. I came home, peeled two meals worth of potatoes, enough veg for two days and then added gravy mix to the beef and called that supper. Meat eating is expensive, but we make do with around 100g of meat each per meal. Neither of us feel deprived. (Food costs today - 83p worth of beef each and the veg came to 16p, plus gravy, just takes the meal to £1)
 We've all eaten too much for too long and now the economy measures are not only needed financially, but health wise too. We should all be aiming to eat less meat and 100g of protein a day is more than enough. We're also used to a huge variety of food and we seldom eat the same thing twice in a month. Not in Frugal Towers I'm afraid. Even though I saved money by cooking all the veggies in a tower steamer, I shall save more money, time and energy and simply pop a replay of tonight's supper in the microwave tomorrow and for an encore, we'll eat the same again. Plus! There will be only two plates and two lids to wash up
I hope we'll all settle down tomorrow night to watch Superscrimpers: Waste not, want not. The TV show is going to visit a family who spend £24K a year more than they earn. Did Channel 4 come knocking on my door? Well researchers, you should have read my blog by now so come on over, but I warn you, come in the summer or you'll need a coat! If anyone local to me, wants me to be their personal money saving expert, you know where to come and find me.

Again, thanks to everyone who dropped by, for those who commented and those who became followers. If you're still lurking and we haven't had a chat yet, then just let me know you are there. It would be lovely to hear from you. It's always lovely to see who's reading so, if you haven't already, then it would be even lovelier if you became a followers. Thanks again for dropping by,

Until tomorrow,

Froogs
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment