Thursday, March 31, 2011

Turn away if you scare easily!

 If you're feeling brave enough: read on! I'm going to share this months (every jeffin' month) budget. Here it is! And remember, I warned you!!

Salary in today at midnight - £2506. Let's all do the.......I'm actually very rich dance! At midnight tonight, on the 1st of the month the following will be paid. £1063 for the mortgage. £199 for the car loan. £373 for the Lloyd's bank loan and £500 for the Virgin 0% card (actual payment is £30 a month.....but I over pay by £470 a month). Money in = £2506 and Money out = £2135 Leaving me £371 a month. (We have DB's salary too and he pays all the domestic DD's and all the other debt repayments.)


 I then spend £100 a month on travel costs to get to work. I put £25 a month into our emergencies savings fund.  I pay £30 a month towards my water costs. £140 a month on groceries and I am left with the huge sum of £76 a month to 'play' with. I'm going to make sure I severely cut back on food costs this month and I won't go to work for a couple of weeks  due to the Easter break and I'm hoping to put £100 away this month towards our holiday. I'm going to be blogging about 'store cupboard' recipes over the next few days as I intend to eat everything in the house, before I buy any thing else.

This month, I'm going 'frugal extreme' and will see exactly how little I can do with, use, spend, buy and how much I can save. You see, to me, having £76 a month spare seems like a lot of money. I clothes shop off the pound rail in the charity shop, buy all toiletries in with my food budget and anything else can be made, bartered or borrowed from the library.

I'm going to use up every little last bit of everything I have. I'm going to need some help!
I'm going to need you guys, at the side of the road, with the banners and hooters; rooting for me. Today is my 500th post and it would be lovely if those of you who are not followers yet could do so, so I could have 500 followers. Tell your friends and get them reading too. This month will be full of recipes, making things over the holidays, decorating the house with what I have, house maintenance without any trips to the DIY store and entertaining friends with what's in the freezer or cupboards. Drop by everyday and make a difference to my month of 'frugal extreme'.

Until tomorrow,

Froogs xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment