Saturday, March 26, 2011

Thank you Foster Mummy for a wonderful day

 I have been really well looked after today. We went into Plymouth this morning and I went in search of some new trousers. I'm tallish at 5' 10" and managed to find only one pair of trousers to fit me in the entire city! By eleven o clock, I was delighted to be on my way to Foster Mummy's house. Shopping leaves me feeling like a freak, where nothing fits me. Even tall sections of places such as M&S, Long Tall Sally and Next don't make things proportionally long enough in the body, so trouser legs are long enough, but the depth of the body isn't long enough. I'm not just tall, but long in the body, arm etc. Shirt sleeves are not long enough, so I stick to tee shirts, I can't buy dresses because the arm holes are not deep enough, the waist is too high and they are not long enough. In short, even with money in my pocket, if I can find one item to fit, it's a good day. I've trawled shopping malls in the past with a purse full of money and left with nothing.

By the time I had finished, I needed the sanctuary of my dear friend's home. FM made the most delicious veggie curry, Dal and flat breads. After that it was a walk in the sunshine to the charity shops.
We had a good root around a few charity shops. I bought a brand new apron for £2, an almost new M&S skirt for £3 and Dearly Beloved bought some books. Best of all, was the walk with friends in the sunshine and back home afterwards for a cup of tea.
Tonight at 8.30, we're joining in with Earth hour and will turn all the power off in our home. We'll read by candle light and reflect on our impact on the planet. Until tomorrow, thanks again Foster Mummy, as ever, you restored me to self validity; I really can't do without you xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment