Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thansgiving! plus Black Friday Shopping Info

I'm a little homesick at the moment.

As a Denver girl living in Australia I do quite enjoy the beach and the warm weather, but when it gets to be this time of year I miss having the autumn and the leaves changing and the football on tv and the kids going back to school.

Not to mention hanging with the fam, getting up early for the Black Friday shopping deals, watching the Macy's Parade and eating every little bit of turkey and pumpkin pie in sight.


**Sigh**

Just writing about it makes me kinda sad. See Australians don't celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously it being an American holiday) and it is now our springtime here, and good luck finding a pumpkin pie or a turkey in the grocery stores here..

So in honor of my upbringing, here is a shout out to all my expat friends out there feeling lonely in other countries, and a great big hug to all my American friends and family. Eat lots of turkey for me!!

Also check out the Recessionista's awesome post about Black Friday online sales..

Search Amazon.com for black friday deals

No comments:

Post a Comment