Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When it goes wrong, make it into something else!

34p - you can't make your own for that price
 My spinach and ricotta cannelloni recipe went wrong, as when I defrosted the spinach, I discovered it was in leaves and I couldn't even cram it down the cannelloni..............over to plan B! Mix the defrosted spinach with the ricotta, add some chopped parsley and a liberal sprinkling of nutmeg.
A large bag of spinach was just over £1 and it lasts for several meal in many guises.
 Pour the tomato sauce into the bottom of a dish, layer with spinach and ricotta and lasagne sheets, top with tomato sauce and sprinkle with some cheese.
 You could make a cheese sauce for the topping, but as it has cheese in it, I thought that would be too rich.
We ate this with some salad and homemade dressing. Not bad for a mistake and as my first meal in 48 hours! It was really needed. The lasagne will serve four hungry people or six normal appetites! I was so hungry that I ate a quarter of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment