Sunday, November 28, 2010

Making everything go a long way.

 Sometimes, electric gadgets just sit in our cupboards and take up room. I have never regretted buying my Kenwood slicer. When I make homemade bread, I slice it all and pop it into old shop bought bread bags and take a slice out, just when I need it. We do the same with home cooked gammon. I'm busy earning some extra money by marking, so Dearly Beloved is in charge of the kitchen today.
 It's not his natural habitat, but he actually does a really good job. He's just as frugal as me, in fact, he's a natural scrimper. He boiled the bacon joint today and then added the veggies and potatoes to the steamer, forty minutes into the cooking time. Everything was cooked on one gas ring and turned out just fine. The only hiccup was the cheese sauce, which I cooked in a plastic jug in the microwave and I managed to make it lumpy. It tasted fine. We now have three more meals from our gammon joint as it was so carefully carved. I'm quite looking forward to gammon, egg and chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment