Friday, March 19, 2010

Recycled Furniture


My dining room is never normally this tidy! This was taken when we had the house on the market and we 'de-cluttered' the house.

Nothing in this room is new or cost very much. The curtains are homemade. The floor was laid by my son, who is a carpenter. The dining room suite was £80 from a house sale and the shelves were made by my son and I recovered the chairs. I love this room and love polishing the table as it was the first piece of 'grown up' furniture I've ever owned as the table and chairs match the sideboard which also match the corner unit. I love the way the wooden floor shines when the sun hits it and remembering Sunday lunch with the family. It takes so little to make a house a home. Usually the room has racks of drying clothes and the table is covered in school work nonetheless; there's no place like home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment