Thursday, April 29, 2010

The day before payday!

We all know how this feels. The lodger's money went in. I bought car and house insurance and the lodger's money went out. Balance? £10.11! However I have saved myself £443.48 simply by judiciously checking every price comparison website. We've shopped around in the past but never as ruthlessly as I have this time. The renewal quote on the home insurance was £410.33 and the cover I bought, giving me exactly the same cover as I previously received was £143.85. My car insurance renewal quote was £344.64 and again the cover I bought, giving me exactly the same level of protection is £167. I have bought both policies through my Quidco account and have earned a further £78 in cash back. So in fact my total saving is £521.48. I might only have a tenner left to my name at the end of the month but I am feeling flush with my money saving abilities!

I also came home to the evening sun illuminating the beech tree at the end of my garden, which in turn made me feel positively loaded. The rain has made everything look emerald and luscious .

Everything has burst into life; especially the potatoes. They are incredibly easy to grow. All in all, even though I have £10.11 left to my name until I get paid; I actually feel extremely rich. I am always well stocked and there's plenty of food in the freezer and the cupboards. I've been careful with money by finding good insurance deals, I've been careful all month so we're not short of anything and my garden and my surroundings make me feel so lucky to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment