Saturday, April 24, 2010

hard cheese

I'm going to need to steel my resolve, to find my Blitz spirit and polish up my cliches to get through this month. It's truly wonderful that Dearly Beloved is 100% eye candy as he's going to be all I'll see this coming month! I have had to work out a very tough budget for May and we will have to grit our teeth to get through it!

Every month we sit down (well, we do now that we've come to our senses..........if only we'de done this yaars ago!) and write out our budget for the month. We leave nothing to chance and make sure we're putting money aside for car tax, water rates (now that we're metered), clothes, birthdays and Christmas, car tyres, and eventualities. We then know what we have to spend on food. This month we have a big food budget of £64.82; we don't need that much and will be able to direct more money towards debt payments. It's going to be a very very tough month though as we have to renew the house/contents insurance and the car insurance. We hoped we would have a few days camping in August, but it is not looking likely. We should see a reduction in our utilities now that we have cheaper tariffs and we're being very stingy with gas and electricity.
Here on my spreadsheet I can see every penny coming in and out, what we have to put by for bills we don't pay monthly and what we have left to go shopping with. There is nothing for going out and there are two bank holiday weekend, so I hope the weather will be kind to us and allow us time on the moors with a picnic.

No comments:

Post a Comment