Thursday, April 22, 2010

Watch the pennies....



........and the pounds will watch themselves. I was just thinking of Ilona's blog and how the little things add up to costs and you have to watch every penny. I even take food out of the freezer in the morning to save the cost of the microwave.

I'm getting tired of faggots, but I'm soldiering on as I have a freezer full, but tonight I choppped up the meat in its gravy and topped it with some mashed potato (also from a tub out of the freezer, when I cooked extra in the past). I never use my full sized oven unless I am batch cooking and I can fill it up. I often look up the cost of running an appliance and check how much it's costing me. It can take one unit of electricity to cook your dinner and it will cost you considerably less to run one of these.

I also looked at the remnants of March's salary and have just under £150 to last the month, so I've paid some extra off my credit cards £27.32 to Santander and £35.48 to Halifax. I got the PAD idea from "One life, three kids and counting" who has a fantastic blog, keeping on top of the bills and making sure she clears her debts, by taking any extra money she earns or makes and pays a debt. So today was a PAD day for me!

It's been another long and tiring day with extra private tuition at the end of the day earning me some more money and helping another student get his grades. A good day in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment