Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pure joy!

I've truly found paradise. I opened my back door and there it was. I came home this evening to waggy tails and a garden full of evening sunshine. The fruit bushes are getting bushier. The courgettes and butternut squash have shown signs of life. The window sills are ranged with tomato seedlings looking lively and healthy.
The pot of herbs is beautifully green and capable of being cut and used whenever we want. I'll make stuffing at some time with fresh sage and onions from my garden. I loved just sitting on the patio steps with a mug of tea and a dog at either side and surveying all I could see and thinking, I planted that, I grew that and I felt so amazingly peaceful, even after a busy day at work.
Best of all are the £1 Poundland windmills that wizz in the spring breeze and glint in the last of the evening sunshine. They make me smile and feel true pure joy at such a silly sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment